Forest Lakes Owners Association

BOARD MEETING
CHEVELON BUTTE SCHOOL

August 17, 2002

The regular meeting of the Forest Lakes Owners Association was held at the Chevelon Butte School.

Officers are:

  • PRESIDENT Frank Astemborski 
  • VICE-PRESIDENT Jack Greenleaf 
  • SECRETARY Dianne Post 
  • TREASURER Chick Ideker 
  • MEMBERS Virgilee Scholl - absent 
  • Connie Widener
  • Al Mager - absent
  • Jane Weathersby
  • Edna McNight 

There being a quorum present the meeting was called to order by the president, Frank Astemborski at 2:00 P.M.

SECRETARY'S REPORT: DIANNE POST

The minutes of the July 13th FLOA Meeting were read by the Dianne Post, and on a motion by Dianne, seconded by Connie, were unanimously approved as amended by the officers present.

TREASURER'S REPORT: CHICK IDEKER 

July balance $23,101.45 Transferred a CD to 1st National Bank of Arizona

August balance $23,156.76 at 3% for 7 months. CD’s=61,000 +.

On a motion by Dianne, seconded by Edna, the treasurer's report was unanimously approved by the officers present. Frank will look into the cost of the canopies purchased for the July 4th Picnic.

REVIEW OF COMMITTEES

MEMBERSHIP: VIRGILEE SCHOLL - Mother passed away and that is why she is absent.
On of 4/15/02 there were 602 members

NEWSLETTER: VIRGILEE SCHOLL - articles due September 23rd.

WEBMASTER: VIRGILEE SCHOLL - Jan has posted a history of the fire on the web site.

Frank read a thank you letter from Habitat for Humanity and an Editorial from the Payson Newspaper thanking FLOA for thinking of Payson so soon after the evacuation was over.

"OLD BUSINESS" PER AGENDA

1. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT

Frank reminded everyone that the TOWN HALL would be September 21 with a continental breakfast at 7:30. 

2. 4TH OF JULY PICNIC

Al absent had to be in Las Vegas on business. Edna McKnight thanked all of the persons who volunteered and were drafted to help with the picnic.

3. OUTSTANDING CITIZEN – Frank

The deadline for nominations was today, there were 3 nominations received. The FLOA Board of Directors will meet in Executive Session today to vote on the winner.

4. LABOR DAY BREAKFAST – Frank

Need volunteers to help set up the day before at 4:00 PM and others to be there at 6:00 AM. Terry Turley is in charge of the food workers. Please sign up with him today if you would like to work. We also need Rummage and Baked Goods for this event. 

5. ANNUAL FLOA MEETING

Frank reminded everyone that the Quilt would be given away at Annual Meeting August 31, 7:00, all of the Boards would be giving their Yearly Reports, and there would be an election for three positions on the FLOA Board. 

6. COMPACTOR

Sam’s wife is ill and Sam was with her in the valley. Frank reported that there was a need to make a few adjustments and that he would be getting the contract next week.

7. ROADS – Jack

There will be no work on the roads this year as the County is having a Budget crunch. They possibly will be clearing right-of-ways. 

8. MEET YOUR CANDIDATES

Frank asked the audience if they would like to have an evening when they could meet their candidates for the Fire and Water Boards. They overwhelmingly said yes. The Meet Your Candidate Meeting will be SEPTEMBER 28TH.

9. LAND SWAP LETTER FROM USDA FOREST SERVICE

Frank received a letter stating that there was no land swapping now, and the swap, if there ever is one, the land must be of equal value. Wayne stated that if a swap is to take place they must notify us, and an impact statement for the Fire, Water, School boards must be presented. Elmer spoke to the Townsen Act where FLOA, Fire, School, Water, and County must be notified if the Forest Service wants to try and square up our subdivision. This would take 4-6 years and must go to Congress to get the OK. 

10. BLOCK WATCH – Diane Mitchell

Frank reported that Diane had been attendance to several of the Block Watch Yearly Meetings.

11. SCHOOL BOARD 

Jan reported that we have 14 students that we will be transporting as well as 4 children that are here because of the fire. They are trying to get Winslow to accept our section of Blue Ridge. If this were to happen then the School Board would dissolve this district 

12. AUXILLIARY  

Jan stated that so far they had made a profit o $15,000 from their Tee Shirts sales. Carol Short has the “God” shirts at her home and you can get them there or at the store. Jan reminded everyone that we would need baked goods for the Bake Sale at the Labor Day Breakfast.

13. NEXT MEETING IS SEPTEMBER 14TH

Frank stated that because of the Town Hall the regular FLOA monthly meeting would be September 14th at 1:30 because of a Thank you Dinner that is being held in Heber that evening.

“NEW BUSINESS" 

"OPEN FORUM": 

  1. Someone asked about the petitions that were signed protesting another RV Park. Frank stated that we still had the petitions and that the owners had withdrawn their petition to build the RV Park.
  2. Chick stated that she had talked with Pete about the dog problem. Pete had stated that the county would be here once a month looking for any unrestrained pets. That is any dog that is not tied or fenced. The county can come on to your property to pick up an unrestrained dog, but most likely will not enter your property unless there is a problem.

Dianne moved and Chick seconded that the meeting be adjourned. The meeting was adjourned at 3:07.

SIGNED BY 

Frank Astemborski PRESIDENT
Dianne Post SECRETARY

 


Forest Lakes Owners Association
  | About FLOA | Board of Directors | Meetings | Meeting Minutes |

Community
| Home | Businesses | Burn Pit/Compactor | Calendar of Activities | Fire Dept | Fire Dept Auxiliary |
| Geology, Flora and Fauna | Guest book | History | Library | Map of Forest Lakes | Mileage Chart |
| Neighborhood Watch | Neighbors Who Can Help | Photos | Scanner codes | Sheriff's pages |  
| Things to doWater Department | Weather |

Copyright © 1999 by Forest Lakes Owners Association. All rights reserved.
P.O. Box 1513, Forest Lakes, AZ 85931
For comments or questions, contact the webmaster