February 16, 2002
The regular meeting of the Forest Lakes Owners Association was held at the Chevelon Butte School.
- PRESIDENT Frank Astemborski
- VICE-PRESIDENT Jack Greenleaf
- SECRETARY Dianne Post
- TREASURER Chick Ideker
- MEMBERS Virgilee Scholl
- Connie Widener Absent
- Al Mager
- Jane Weathersby
- Edna McNight
There being a quorum present the meeting was called to order by the president, Frank Astemborski at 2:09 P.M.
SECRETARY'S REPORT: DIANNE POST
The minutes of the February 16, 2002 FLOA Meeting were read by the secretary, and on a motion by Dianne Post seconded by Virgilee Scholl were unanimously approved as amended by the officers present.
TREASURER'S REPORT: CHICK IDEKER - SEE ATTACHED
February balance $26,362.90. Frank asked for the maturity date of the moved CD.
On a motion by Dianne, seconded by Virgilee Scholl, the treasurer's report was unanimously approved by the officers present.
REVIEW OF COMMITTEES
MEMBERSHIP: VIRGILEE SCHOLL
On of 2/16/02 there were 597 members. This is a high number for this time of year. People have been asking about the “Tree symbol” that was used in the past to show membership. It was stated by some present that this sticker was simple and unique which enabled us to find are car in a parking lot easier, to identify people from our community that may need help along the road. Virgilee asked if anyone knew where we got the sticker printed in the past.
Frank stated that we need to readdress this issue of the “tree” when more people were present, like in June or July.
NEWSLETTER: VIRGILEE SCHOLL
The Newsletter came in last night. The Newsletter was at the printer before she was aware of the problem with the Burn Area and Compactor. There were no graphics as the person who does the graphics was incapacitated at this time. The cost of the newsletter was $32.32 for the labels and $282.32 for the postage. She asked Chick to write a check for $282.32.
WEBMASTER: VIRGILEE SCHOLL
Virgilee had posted an article about the Compactor/Burn Area, with a request for the membership to write letters to Matt Ryan, County Supervisor, stating why we needed to keep or Compactor/Burn Area.
She posted the article on the Web page, the store.
"OLD BUSINESS" PER AGENDA
- Trailer – Dianne – stated that she had contacted her source. Frank stated that Gene Jeardoe had contacted him with some information and he asked him to call Dianne. Dianne was given the list of three phone numbers of where trailers were listed on line in the Arizona Republic, by Al.
- Pine Needle Bailer – Al – All stated that the persons looking for a Pine Needle Bailer was finding that they were not as plentiful as firsts thought. He has found a couple that he likes and one he really likes.
- Phone Book –Jack – He was promised to have the books 2 weeks ago and the printer has not yet provided him with the books. Virgilee volunteered to pick up the books when she goes to Payson. Jack said, “the Board needs to consider a new printing company for next year”.
- Roads – Jack-Frank asked which roads were going to be torn up this year. Jack said that he talked to Mr. Garcia and was told that Larson Loop was to be finished and Ryan Ranch Road was to be worked on this year by the County.
- School Board – Jan stated that the Board was still trying to get a Charter School for the far end of the District. The parents seem to want it but do not show up for the meetings. If they do not show up at the next meeting then there will not be a Charter School. Jan also stated that there would be 4 students graduating this year: The two older Wright boys, Adam Wilson’s son and Robert Huff’s son. Frank would like to be reminded in April so The Board can do something for these students.
- The Phone Card needs to updated
- Compactor/Burn Area-Frank-there will be a public hearing in Pinewood (Munds Park) at the Fire Station Tuesday at 7:30. He will be going and stated that it would be nice of other interested members would show up. All persons going should go early as there is expected to be a large crowd. Forest Lakes is the smallest of three groups that may lose their Compactor/Burn Area. Frank again asked people to write letters to Matt Ryan, County Supervisor.
- Ben Froehlich asked if the Board could make the difference in the funds. Frank said that the problem was that County did not like to be in competition with private haulers and the Burn Area is attached to the compactor. We are currently paying $1000.00 a year for the area of the Burn Area and it is costing us $800.00 a week to operate the area and we only take in about $200.00 a week. If we raise the price then residents will start taking their material to the forests, which will increase the fire dangers. Frank wants to stay with John Debrinski as he is looking for a new area to move the Burn Area. The Forest Lakes Fire Department lost a $50,000.00 Grant because it was determined that the community was not working together. We need to work together within our community.
LETTERS –Frank – said that he received a letter from Carolyn Wagoner about some trailers on a neighbor’s property. She had called the health department and nothing happened. Frank investigated and found that she needs to send her complaint to Matt Ryan. Matt also told him that here is only one person for the entire county to investigate complaints. Frank reminded us that the last time this person came to Forest Lakes he had 26 complaints when he arrived and he drove around after the meeting and ended up with over 100 complaints. The Board received a lot of heat for this happening. FRANK REMINDED THOSE PRESENT THAT IF A FIRE STARTS ON YOUR PROPERTY AND GOES TO A NEIGHBORS PROPERTY YOU COULD BE HELD LIABLE.
Jan asked if the Board could get Merzville Road fixed. The road has a severe washboard problem. Jack said he was not sure if crowning the road would help or not. He will see what needs to be done. He stated that John had put some black stuff down on area north on Merzville towards the Loop.
Jack reminded the residents to removed garbage dumpsters from the street so John, the Road Maintenance Operator, can grade the roads without having to get out to move the dumpsters.
A member from the audience asked about Slash and Needles fop the bailer. He was told that only needles could be done. NO rocks or branches.
The next FLOA Board Meeting will be held at the Chevelon Butte School Saturday, February 16, 2002 at 2:00 P.M. Adjourned at _____p.m.
Frank Astemborski PRESIDENT
Dianne Post SECRETARY