January 19, 2002
The regular meeting of the Forest Lakes Owners Association was held at the Chevelon Butte School.
- PRESIDENT Frank Astemborski
- VICE-PRESIDENT Jack Greenfield
- SECRETARY Dianne Post
- TREASURER Chick Ideker
- MEMBERS Virgilee Scholl
- Connie Weidner
- Al Mager
- Jane Weathersby absent
There being a quorum present the meeting was called to order by the president, Frank Astemborski at 2:02 P.M.
SECRETARY'S REPORT: DIANNE POST
The minutes of the November 17, 2002 FLOA Meeting were read by the secretary, and on a motion by Dianne Post seconded by Connie Weidner, were unanimously approved as amended by the officers present.
TREASURER'S REPORT: CHICK IDEKER - SEE ATTACHED
January balance $20057.84
On a motion by Dianne, seconded by Jack, the treasurer's report was unanimously approved by the officers present.
REVIEW OF COMMITTEES
MEMBERSHIP: VIRGILEE SCHOLL
On of 1/18/02 there were 368 with more received at this meeting
NEWSLETTER: VIRGILEE SCHOLL
Virgilee asked for more articles and thanked Chick for photos.
Frank asked that an article about the possible removal Burn Pit & Compactor be posted and asked that we write Matt Ryan about why we need the burn pit/compactor to stay. If the County pulls the Compactor, which they usually do when private Haulers come into an area, we will also loose the permit to have a burn pit.
WEBMASTER: VIRGILEE SCHOLL
The Website has been posting snowy conditions and relayed to many e-mails about the weather. Debbie Ostermeier stated that many of her family look to the WebPage and noticed that the pictures were of last years picnic not the most current picnic. Frank asked that Virgilee contact the Webmaster and see about getting everything up to date.
Frank asked that a similar article about the Burn Pit and Compactor be put in the Newsletter. A letter had been sent to us saying that our leas for the compactor and the burning permit could end this fall and not be renewed, as there are Professional Haulers in our area. The County does not interfere with private businesses. WE need to write letters to Matt Ryan, County Supervisor, District 3.219 E. Cherry Ave., Flagstaff, AZ 86001
"OLD BUSINESS" PER AGENDA
- Acceptance of Resignation Chic moved that we accept the resignation of Mike Johnson. Seconded by
- Pine Needle Bailer Al said that Raymond is in California looking at Bailers and they will be looking in Idaho and Washington also. They are looking for one that runs on gas not electric.
- Phone Book Jack said that he had delivered the phone book to the printer this morning and they said that it would be ready in 1.5-2 weeks. He ordered 750 this year as we ran out last year and we could save $.10 each by ordering this amount. Last year we lost $.50 for each book and the advertisements paid for the loss. We lost a couple of advertisers and got a few new ones. Jack turned in a “photo ready copy” to the printers. He stated that the only money spent so far was for postage.
- The Phone Card needs to updated and Chick was asked to do this by calling the number on the back of the card.
- Virgilee asked about the trailer needed to move the tables and chairs. Connie said that most trainers that are sold by U-Haul are not worth the money as the wheels are worn out. Dianne said that she would call a friend and see what she could do. The price for the trailer we would like to be between $1500 and $2000. Richard Ostermeirer said that Vern Schwigert brought some wooden chairs and he managed to get then into the shed.
"OPEN FORUM": no one responded so Chick moved and Connie seconded that the meeting be adjourned.
The next FLOA Board Meeting will be held at the Chevelon Butte School Saturday, February 16, 2002 at 2:00 P.M.
Frank Astemborski PRESIDENT
Dianne Post SECRETARY
Executive Meeting will follow.