FOREST LAKES OWNERS ASSOCIATION
CHEVELON BUTTE SCHOOL
NOVEMBER 16, 2002
The regular meeting of the Forest Lakes Owners Association was held at the Chevelon Butte School.
- PRESIDENT Frank Astemborski
- VICE-PRESIDENT Jack Greenleaf
- SECRETARY Dianne Post
- TREASURER Carole Short
- MEMBERS Virgilee Scholl
- Connie Widener
- Al Mager
- Bob Mitchell
- John Hennessey
There being a quorum present the meeting was called to order by the president, Frank Astemborski, at 2:10 P.M.
SECRETARY'S REPORT: DIANNE POST
The minutes of the March 16th FLOA Meeting were read by the Connie Widener, and on a motion by Dianne seconded by Carole, were unanimously approved as amended by the officers present.
TREASURER'S REPORT: CAROLE SHORT - SEE ATTACHED
- Account 24299035 balance $20,623.42
- Special Events Balance $4687.87 working capital
- Grant Committee 379-0115 Balance $3,050.47
- Certificate(s) of Deposits $62,607.92
- Total for all accounts $ 90,969.68
On a motion by Dianne, seconded by Virgilee, the treasurer's report was approved by the officers present.
REVIEW OF COMMITTEES
MEMBERSHIP: VIRGILEE SCHOLL
On of 10/13/02 there were 606 members
NEWSLETTER: VIRGILEE SCHOLL: is out to the printer.
WEBMASTER: VIRGILEE SCHOLL: The weather is now on the Website. To have articles on the web site contact Webmaster Jeannie Van Lue
"OLD BUSINESS" PER AGENDA
- ROADS Frank: The right turn lanes have been surveyed and the contracts will be out in May, construction will begin in July. They will have all entrances available on weekends and holidays. Trout Springs will require a retaining wall
- NEW GRIDDLES - Frank: The cost of metal has risen and Terry will need more than was estimated, $600.00, Carole moved and Dianne seconded that Terry be cut a check for $700.00.
- ARTICLE S OF INCORPORATION Dianne: Dianne presented The Articles of Incorporation. She highlights the important changes. Dianne moved of the adoption and Carole seconded and it was passed that FLOA adopted the new Article of Incorporation.
- NEW BYLAW Dianne: Dianne presented the new amended Bylaws. She was highlighting the important changes. Dianne moved of the adoption and Carole seconded and it was passed that FLOA adopted the new Bylaws.
Connie thanked all of the people that worked so diligently on the above committees.
- SCHOOL BOARD Jan: Vi was elected to a four-year term. The lady from the Blue Ridge district had to resign so there is an opening. We are transporting 13 students. On senior and one freshman.
- AUXILIARY Jan: The Bylaws were amended with no major changes and are on the website. They did expand their purpose to include the EMTs and Rescue Team. Elmer Hess stated that many of the Fire Departments around the area are very envious of our Auxiliary. Wayne stated that a grant was approved and they would be able to replace their breathing systems.
- ELECTIONS Elmer Hess reported that the new members to the Fire Board were: Ray Beckett and Dale Malaney. The water boards new members were: __________________ and __________________.
- TOWN HALL Frank: Frank reported that he had received the report from the state. WE have two committees formed. One is for the Community Building and the other is concerning fire safety.
- COMBINE THE BANK ACCOUNTS Carole: Carole wants to combine the special account into the FLOA Account but with its own category. This will make the book keeping easier. Dianne moved we do this and commie seconded. Passed.
- POST OFFICE Al: Al was concerned if the store was to close where would our Post Office be located. Ron said the store would not be closed and the Post Office would stay where it is.OPEN FORUM No comments. Dianne moved we adjourn, Carole seconded, passed.
Frank Astemborski PRESIDENT
Dianne Post SECRETARY