FOREST LAKES OWNERS ASSOCIATION
CHEVELON BUTTE SCHOOL
September 14, 2002
The regular meeting of the Forest Lakes Owners Association was held at the Chevelon Butte School.
- PRESIDENT Frank Astemborski
- VICE-PRESIDENT Jack Greenleaf
- SECRETARY Dianne Post
- MEMBERS Virgilee Scholl
- Connie Widener
- Al Mager
There being a quorum present the meeting was called to order by the president, Frank Astemborski at 1:31 P.M.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT Frank announced that the Election in August was void due to not enough voters. There will be a special election held September 28 prior to the Meet Your Candidate Meeting at 2:00. There are two committees working on updating our by-laws one chaired by Connie Widener and the other by Carol Short.
Report from the Forest Service by Michelle Selby Ranger from the Black Mesa District. She can be contacted at 928-535-4481 or emailed at email@example.com. She reported on a burn that is west of us called Hidden Lake Prescribed burn. She asked that we contact the Forest Service with support for this burn.
SECRETARY'S REPORT: DIANNE POST
The minutes of the March 16th FLOA Meeting were read by the Connie Widener, and on a motion by Dianne seconded by Connie, were unanimously approved as amended by the officers present.
TREASURER'S REPORT: CAROLE SHORT - SEE ATTACHED
- August balance $22,972.95
- September 13th balance $25,750.49
- Special Events Balance $2,254.16
- Grant Committee Balance $3,940.76
- Certificate(s) of Deposits $62,296.23
- Total for all accounts $94,241.99
On a motion by Dianne, seconded by Connie, the treasurer's report was approved by the officers present.
REVIEW OF COMMITTEES
- MEMBERSHIP: VIRGILEE SCHOLL - On of 9/13/02 there were 606 members
- NEWSLETTER: VIRGILEE SCHOLL
- WEBMASTER: VIRGILEE SCHOLL - Thanked people for the up dates to the Web-p
"OLD BUSINESS" PER AGENDA
- COMPATCTOR Sam was at a meeting Friday and the written contract is to be issued in two weeks.
- ROADS Jack Stated that the roads here will not be done they ran out of money and need to resurface the young road because of the fire. They may thin trees on the right of way and put new culverts on Merzville. The bids are going out this fall for the right turn lanes on 260.
- TOWN HALL - Frank stated the Town Hall would be this next Saturday. If you are in doubt if you have signed up sign up again in the back of the Library.
- LABOR DAY BREAKFAST Franks Labor Day Breakfast was sent around the room. Total profit was $2442.00. Elmer asked for some New Blood (new volunteers) and Mr. Turley asked for some funds to make 2wo new grills.
- BLOCK WATCH Dianne Mitchell - Nothing really new to report. All groups should have held their second meetings by now. Dianne has collected all the materials that were available from the Coconino office and shared them.
- SCHOOL BOARD Jan All is well.
- AUXILIARY Jan The auxiliary has almost raised $18,000.00 in profits from their Tee Shirt sales.
Highway Clean-up will be September 25th
It was suggested that the Newsletter be put on the Web page and perhaps this would save some money for those that wanted the Newsletter electronically.
October the 19th is a Rope and Rescue Class and Frank asked if it would be all right to move our next meeting to October 12th. The audience agreed and the next meeting will be October 12th.
Motion to Adjourned by Dianne, seconded by Virgilee time2:39.
Frank Astemborski -PRESIDENT
Dianne Post -SECRETARY